ENERGY EFFICIENT WINDOW COVERINGS
Let’s Get Started!
Keep your home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer
In winter months, your home heating escapes to the outdoors through your windows while in the summertime, the outside heat flows into your home through these same windows. With window treatments that provide insulation, you can reduce energy consumption, save on heating and cooling costs, and create a more comfortable atmosphere.
Solar Heat Control
The warmth provided by the sun, its solar energy, may be desirable during the winter to help heat your home, but in the summer, it can make a room overly hot and uncomfortable—driving up air conditioning costs. Many Hunter Douglas window fashions help to control solar heat by allowing it into your home in the winter and minimizing the amount that comes in during the summer.
Daylighting is the practice of lighting rooms with natural light rather than artificial light.By drawing natural light into a room many of our window treatments reduce the need for other types of lighting, thereby reducing your energy use.
5 Tips for Saving Energy at the Window
- Ensure your windows and doors are properly weather-stripped.
- Caulk around basement and storm windows.
- When heating or cooling, keep windows locked.
- Open your window coverings during sunny winter days to catch free solar heat then close them at night to keep that heat in.
- Close your window coverings during summerdays to keep the heat out.